Looking to buy marijuana seeds in Oregon? You´ve come to the right place! We offer a large variety of high quality, fully feminized cannabis seeds that we ship directly, and discreetly right to your door!
Growing marijuana has never been easier, but before you start growing cannabis in Oregon, it is important to familiarize yourself with the states cannabis laws.
Cannabis law in Oregon
Known as one of the more cannabis progressive states, Oregon became the first US state to decriminalize cannabis nearly fifty years ago in 1973 – reducing the penalty of possession for up to one ounce to a $100 fine.
Decriminalisation was followed by the legalisation of medical cannabis back in 1998 with the Beaver state then following in California´s footsteps to become the 2nd US state to fully legalize the plant for both recreational and medicinal use in 2014.
Since the introduction of the law, adults aged 21 and older are allowed to possess and use recreational cannabis, which can be obtained from one of over 650 dispensaries, state-wide.
However, it is, of course, vital to fully understand the cannabis laws in Oregon if you plan to either smoke or grow cannabis in the state.
For those of legal age, you may possess the following in public:
- 1 oz of cannabis (i.e. dried flower)
- 24 oz of cannabis if you are a registered Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMPP) cardholder or care provider
- 1 oz of marijuana concentrates or extracts (Marijuana concentrates must be purchased from a licensed retailer as possession of any homemade concentrates remains prohibited
- 16 oz of cannabis edibles in solid form
- 72 oz of cannabis products in a liquid form
- 10 marijuana seeds or 50 seeds if you are a registered Oregon Medical Marijuana Program (OMPP) cardholder
- 4 immature cannabis plants
If you are 21 or older, and are in a private residence or property, you are allowed to possess up to 8 ounces of usable cannabis (i.e. dried flower). All other possession limits remain the same compared to public possession limits mentioned above.
Can I Grow Cannabis in Oregon?
Yes! Anyone aged 21 or older can cultivate up to four cannabis plants either at home or in a private property. The plants must not be visible and out of public view.
For medical users looking to grow medical marijuana or those assigning someone to grow cannabis on their behalf, must provide the local authorities with the name of the grower and the relevant grow site location. One registered grow site address is permitted per patient.
Once approved, medical patients with permission can cultivate more plants than recreational users.
How many plants can be grown in Oregon with a medical card?
Medical Patients or assigned growers cultivating a medical cannabis grow site may grow up to the following per patient:
- Six fully mature plants;
- 12 immature plants that are taller than 61 centimetres
- 36 immature plants that are shorter or 61 centimetres.
Got that? While a touch confusing, Oregon does offer some of the best marijuana growing laws in the country.